St. Joseph’s Center is an independent Catholic agency sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, rooted in the values of care, concern, compassion and commitment. The Center strives to provide individuals and families who have special needs the opportunity to develop their abilities and potential to the fullest extent possible. We do this through residential, community and home-based services, outpatient therapy, maternity, family and adoption services.
The core values of St. Joseph’s Center are: care, concern, compassion and commitment. St. Joseph’s is committed to the provision of joyful, loving care to all whom it serves in its wide range of residential and community services to persons diagnosed with intellectual disability; and in its adoption/pregnancy and family services.
St. Joseph’s recognizes the inherent dignity of all people and tolerates no barriers in providing care or employment. Persons and property are treated with respect. Compassion helps us to understand the hopes and dreams of people whom we serve.
Always dedicated to the promotion of good family life and the welfare of children, St. Joseph’s and its employees strive to assist individuals and families to reach their chosen goals.
St. Joseph’s Center adheres to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
The implementation of this philosophy is dependent upon the collaborative efforts of St. Joseph’s Center staff, Boards, Auxiliary, volunteers, Center residents/clients, their families and the community.
The overall objectives of St. Joseph’s are as follows:
- To conduct and maintain residences for persons who are intellectually disabled regardless of race, color, creed, sex or national origin in an environment conducive to their physical, spiritual, mental and social growth; and to develop their abilities and potentials to the fullest possible extent.
- To offer community-based programs that assist persons who have varying levels of developmental disability.
- To provide the highest quality care and active treatment, with dignity and respect for all.
- To provide facilities and services for women who are pregnant and unprepared, recognizing the dignity of motherhood and the life of the unborn.
- To provide residential services for homeless mothers and children.
- To provide infant care and adoption services.
- To provide residential and outpatient therapies.
- To provide community outreach programs.
- To participate in educational programs in the community through cooperation with schools and colleges.
- To cooperate with hospitals, welfare organizations, and governmental and private agencies in community planning for the better health of its citizens.
- To provide education and services related to the prevention of health and social problems.
Saint Joseph’s Center Title VI Statement of Policy and Public Notice
Saint Joseph’s Center assures full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended and its related statutes. No person is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of its services, or otherwise subjected to discrimination on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. Any person who believes that he or she has been unlawfully discriminated against may file a formal complaint with Saint Joseph’s Center within 180 days following the date of the alleged incident. For more information regarding civil rights complaints, please contact:
Saint Joseph’s Center
2010 Adams Avenue
Scranton, PA 18509
Summer Food Authority
As part of Saint Joseph’s responsibility as a School Food Authority, we join the Pennsylvania Department of Education-Division of Food and Nutrition in alerting families about the availability and location of free meals for students via the Summer Food Service Program. To find a meal site near you during the summer months:
** Call 211
** Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.3Hambre
** Text “Food” or “Comida” to 877877
** Download Rangeapp.org to your phone.
** Navigate to http://www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks
**See our School Lunch Program Wellness Policy