Honest, respectful leadership combined with dedicated, hardworking staff have enhanced St. Joseph’s reputation for quality care for more than a century.
Today, the Saint Joseph’s Center’s 500 employees create a dynamic work environment for both seasoned professionals and for those who are just beginning their careers. St. Joseph’s Center provides a wide array of employment opportunities in the operation of its programs and services throughout northeastern Pennsylvania.
Employment opportunities with St. Joseph’s are available on full-time, part-time, per-Diem and temporary schedules. Many opportunities exist for flexible scheduling for students and others not interested in full-time employment.
Job Postings and Applications
Saint Joseph’s Center welcomes new employees via our new online web portal.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
The first 7 benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Medical Insurance – PPO plan
- Medical Insurance Buy Out – If an employee chooses not to elect our health insurance because they are covered under another plan, they are eligible to receive a monthly payment in lieu of coverage, but proof needs to be shown that they do have coverage elsewhere.
- Dental Insurance – PPO Network
- Vision Insurance – The cost of this benefit is fully paid by the Center.
- Life Insurance – A value of one times the base yearly salary. This policy also includes an accidental death and dismemberment benefit. The cost of this benefit is fully paid by the Center.
- Short Term Disability – Entitles the employee to 60% of their gross weekly base earnings for a period of 26 weeks beginning the first day of a non-job-related injury. This benefit is also at no cost to the employee.
- Long Term Disability – Entitles the employee to 60% of their gross weekly earnings starting after the 26 week period of short term disability and extending up to two years. There is an employee contribution for this benefit.
The following benefits have different effective dates.
- Holidays – 7 paid holidays per year, which include New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. To receive a paid holiday, an employee must be full time and have completed 30 days of employment.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Employees accumulate paid time off based on their years of service. Employees are able to use their PTO time upon commencement of employment.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – Employees are eligible to make pre-tax contributions from 1% up, of their biweekly pay. Saint Joseph’s will make a matching contribution of $.50 on the dollar up to 4% of employee contributions. At the end of each plan year, the Center will also make a deposit of 2% of the employee’s earnings as a base contribution. To be eligible for this benefit, employees must complete 1,000 hours and been employed for one year.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for Job Related Classes – Saint Joseph’s will reimburse up to $1,500 per fiscal year. An employee must be employed with us for one year to be eligible for this benefit.
You will receive more information about the above benefit programs when you become a member of our team!
St. Joseph’s Center is an equal opportunity employer and provider of services and referrals to clients without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation or limited English proficiency.