Saint Joseph’s Center’s PA state-licensed and ASHA-certified Speech-Language Pathologists are experienced in helping both children and adults with a variety of communication problems. Challenges resulting from surgery, illness, injury, voice disorders, cognitive disability, speech-language delays/disorders, neurological disorders, swallowing difficulties and other conditions can all be addressed.
The Speech-Language Therapy Program offers the following Outpatient Services:
- Evaluation of communication skills and motor function
- Assessment of need for communication technologies, assistance in acquisition of equipment, training and support
- Dysphagia assessment and treatment
- Computer access and support
- Individual therapy for the following types of delays/disorders: language, articulation/phonology, voice, fluency, aphasia, traumatic head injury and swallowing
Saint Joseph’s Center is the leading provider of alternative/augmentative communication technologies in the Northeast region of Pennsylvania.